Analytics to track an element

Hi all,

Looking to track analytics of an element e.g., a button - how many clicks this has.

Interested to hear if anyone else is doing this and what analytics tool they are using ?

Thanks in advance ! :smile:

2 Likes

Interesting! Would love to hear about this too.

Hi!
You can do this with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, but it does require a not so simple setup.

If, what you want to track is a link, then one solution is to use a link shortener service.

I think the easiest and simple way is to use heatmaps. This way, you can see where users click on a page and how many times and for this you can use services like:

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I’m replying this old conversation because this topic is an evergreen… an a eternal source of keeping developers busy…

Actually I’m using a free 21 trial of matomoto Cloud. After it woud cost from CHF 21 per month upwards.

They have a download version, too. But this is a different plan.

I’ts like the sitejet integrated matomoto but with extended features like heatmaps, Tracking of targets, forms, campaigns.

The setup is medium demanding but the support is as excellent as on sitjet.
Tracking is working by Exact, Partly exact, containing, beginning with and so on of URL, slugs, paths, Element ID, Name, Form names and so on.

The basic Tracking and statistic doesnt need any setup. A heatmup jut needs an URL for setup

I will keep you updated about subscribing