A non-official way to share blocks (and more) between different SiteJet users/accounts

Hi! I know that right now you can copy/paste blocks/pages from one SiteJet project to another and in this way reuse what you already have and I think this is really neat.

However, this is not working between different SiteJet user accounts , so … I did a bit of research on how to share some blocks/pages (in a non-official way) from one SiteJet user/account to another and I found a simple way thought Clipboard (and a JS snippet as a Bookmark).

I’ve put together a page explaining how it works and an “example block” that can be imported in your SiteJet Project.

Here is the page:

Here is a video (with audio) showing how to Export a Block from a SiteJet account and Import it into another (completely different) SiteJet account:

P.S. If this sounds interesting and SJ Community thinks it worth expanding I will invest more time and energy into it. I guess this is not sure that it will work in the future.

7 Likes

Hi Lucian,

This is great. Is it possible to use with existing sites? Or need to build the block here: https://ld-sitejet-blocks.netlify.app/ ?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Imre_Fekete,
Thanks! The purpose of the Id-sitejet-blocks.netlify.app webpage is just to document this non-official way of sharing things and host the 2 Bookmarks for Import/Export (that are just some links with a bit of inline JavaScript).
Once you add these Bookmarks to your Bookmark Bar (and know how to use them), you don’t need to access the Id-sitejet-blocks.netlify.app webpage.

You can use this technique with any existing Sitejet sites.

P.S I’ve used an external hosting like Netlify because I’ve embedded an example block (with encoded data) and I need it the SSL to make the “Copy to Clipboard” to work.

Here is a video (with sound) with more details on how to use it (how to import/export blocks from/in SiteJet).

1 Like

I tested and it works fine. Thanks a lot

As far as I know, SJ is able to transfer projects between accounts. Just need to clone a project and ask the support to transfer.

Would you be interested to share projects?

2 Likes

Hi! Yes, I know that Sitejet is able to transfer projects between accounts, but this is a manual method through support.

This non-official way allows us to share small block/parts (headers, menus, content groups, sections and so on… even entire pages) without going through support.

P.S. For entire websites I’ve opened a feature request to share templates (so we don’t have to go through support). This way, we can enable anyone from the community to create website templates.

Sure, what project are you interested?

3 Likes

Well I do not know your projects, so if you could send the links I would appreciate it.

Here are couples of sites I built within Sitejet and I have the rights to share the templates:

And my agency site: Web Design & Development Digital Marketing Agency

4 Likes

Hi! Thanks! I’ve PM you.
Your websites look really good, and very professional.

2 Likes

Haha Thanks:)

1 Like