404 on collection items

Hello,

We are experiencing a 404 message on the collection item pages. We can edit in the CMS (and preview) but when viewing via the published link we receive a 404 “The requested resource cannot be found”.

They were working about 3 hours ago but seemed to have ceased.

Many thanks,

Lee

Hello,

Further to this I’ve created a test collection with collection item template with the same issue.

I also tried it on a different site within SiteJet with the same 404 issue.

I have checked and there are no rogue JS calls in header / meta etc of either site.

Many thanks,

Lee

@zachary The same is happening on the site you shared about your Memberstack integration as I was following your advice. FYI above issue.

1 Like

Hi! I think it is a global issue, and all websites with Collections are affected.
Basically, the item page is no longer accessible, … we get a 404 instead.

Here is the same issue on the Sitejet Website

1 Like

Yes looks like it. Logged a ticket a few hours back. Gulp.

1 Like

This does raise questions about support given it’s been 24 hours with a global collections outage affecting blogs and other data types.

Whilst I get it’s the weekend hosting companies would supply some form of skeleton team monitoring services and responding to urgent issues.

I’m not in a position of using this for clients as yet. I know however I’d be super bummed if my 300+ podcast episodes were inaccessible all weekend for my show had I have transferred that site.

What’s the SLA SiteJet team? I think there needs to be a little transparency.

Cheers

Lee

Hey guys,

sorry for the inconvenience! All Collections I checked so far are running properly - can you also check and see if it works for you? Please also try to delete your cache or test in incognito mode.

@Lee_Jackson At the moment, we do not have scheduled support at the moment, but I will talk to the team about this.

Let me know if everything is working for you.

Best
Franzi

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you they are working now. No support at weekends is a bit of a shocker based on Agency plans. Agencies are held to a really high standard by their clients. I can’t imagine how stressful this weekend would have been if I had a clients emailing me for updates as to why their blog was down and I have absolutely no way of communicating with support other than sending emails, and posting here and hoping that someone like yourself spots it in the next 48 hours of a weekend.

Please can you at minimum post your service level agreement? Even if I don’t agree with it, I am entering into using SiteJet with my eyes wide open.

Oh also your response says you’ve checked. Does this mean you/team identified the bug and resolved it? Or did it resolve itself thus being unsure what the cause was? Appreciated.

(I am sure I sound like an arse in text form, but it feels like due diligence. I’ve been experimenting with SJ, WebFlow etc in order to share my experiences on the podcast with our WordPress community as to how these sorts of services stack up. One of my major reasons for encouraging people to look at SJ/WebFlow was that support was handled by the provider.)

Many thanks,

Lee

1 Like

Hi @Lee_Jackson,

no worries, I understand where you are coming from.

I was looking into the issues and checked a few Collections, but they were all working fine, so I didn’t need to fix anything.

Our current service hours are 9 am - 6pm CEST Monday to Friday for support request, but our infastructure is monitored all the time to check for e.g. server outages or any other significant technical problems. This has been working fine for years, but as I already mentioned, I will take the question about support hours and availablity to the team.

Hope that helps!

Best
Franzi

2 Likes

Hello,

Appreciated. In that case perhaps this issue can be added to monitors and there’d be no major reason to change up your support times and days.

A clearer SLA of course super appreciated. And thanks for clarification of current times.

Just to throw in the following:

SiteJet is AWESOME to use, very intuitive, and a complete pleasure! We’ve been recreating our core sites in order to transfer over. So although this was a support blip in our experience, it’s not a deal breaker.

Please be encouraged that you and your team have developed a wonderful product!

Yours,

Lee

1 Like

Happy to hear that you are loving Sitejet :heart_eyes: That really means a lot to us :slightly_smiling_face:

We will do our best to avoid such inconveniences!

Have a great day!

2 Likes

@Franzi

Note that your corporate site still has the 404 issue on all your blog posts even in Incognito.

Also this error which I did notice this morning but thought it was my cache is also still an issue with fonts:

Google Fonts or locally hosted on SiteJet.

Many thanks,

Lee

1 Like