[Tutorial] How to create a thumbnail slider

Hey Sitejetters,

let us introduce to you our new setting that we recently added to our slider-elements: the “Navigate” setting.

There we go:

Beautiful, isn’t it? So, what does it do? Let’s show you in a example of me showing off my beautiful living room. Yes, I know… flowers are missing. But I got a nice TV. Trust me.

This is how it looks when the lights are out:

How do we achieve this now? No worries, just a few steps. Once you have understood how to use it it is easy-peasy. Like Offside in Football.

Let’s add a new image slider in our website. Go to Add contents > Elements > Image slider

Nice. Let’s add some pictures to it! It probably easier to understand it with the numbers on it.

Now that we have our first slider with pictures, we create another one similar to this one, that we’ll use as a navigation for the first one. It is important to have the same (amount of) pictures to work properly. Of course, we can just copy (ctrl-c) and paste (ctrl-v) the existing element. It’s faster. :racing_car:

Now, we create the thumbnail “design”. For this, we change the amount of “slides to show” from 1 to 3 (as an example).

As we like to have the active thumbnail in the middle, we need to check the box at “center mode”.

Last, but not least, we love to synchronize the sliders. The new “navigate” actually does the job for us. Click on the icon and select the first slider.

Now, the centered thumbnail is shown in the image slider. There we go!

Just a few tips:

• Use the height setting to make all images have the same height.
  • Use the loop setting so that you can slide left to right through the slider infinitely.
  • If you like to style arrows and dots, just use our slider presets and set them up.

If you have questions and need help, feel free to comment here or just open a new thread in the helpdesk category. If you have great ideas for “How To’s” , feel free to go ahead! This section is for everyone.

5 Likes

Awesome! Going to play around with this to learn it now. Thanks SJ Team!

Edit: Works great for me!

1 Like

1 Like