Schema.org for Sitejet

is there any way to implement schema for Sitejet? I’ve tried looking around google and youtube and can’t find any solution. As far as I know, schemas are pretty important for seo.

Hey there,

Is it possible for you to elaborate on the topic a little further? What exactly is schema about and what do you need for it? What do you want to achieve?

Small hint: Here is our SEO-help article for starters :slight_smile:

https://help.sitejet.io/article/443-seo-with-sitejet

Basically structured data for search engines.

This helps search engines crawl the website more easily and understand what they are crawling. It contains more information about the website and its content. One type of schema tells whether the website is about a person, or organization and details about it. There is also structured for FAQs, breadcrumbs, events and so on. Its pretty important for SEO.

1 Like

Hi! Can you give more information on what you want to achieve?

Shema markup is an extensive topic, in general is used to define different entities like: Course, Event, Book, Movie, Product, Recipe. See more here: Schema.org - Schemas - Schema.org

You can benefit from shema if you have on your website these types of entities, in a sense that for instance Google Search can display these appropriately as “rich results”, otherwise they are web results. See more: Explore the Search Gallery & Rich Results  |  Search Central

1 Like

I want to put in organization schema in the website im building in Sitejet, as well as FAQ schema for FAQs on certain pages. In WordPress, plugins usually do it for you or alternatively you can manually insert them via advanced scripts. But I can’t find any option in Sitejet.

1 Like

Hi @Siegfried_Alcover !
Currently as you’ve already seen there is no built-in support for schema in SiteJet.
There are 2 ways to have these (FAQs or Organisation):

1. You can use the HTML code element and use the JSON-LD format inside a script tag. Here is an example from https://schema.org/Question:
<script type="application/ld+json">
{
   "@context": "https://schema.org",
   "@type": "Question",
   "name": "What is attr_accessor in Ruby?",
   "upvoteCount": "196",
   "text": "I am having difficulty understanding Ruby attr_accessors, can someone explain them?",
   "dateCreated": "2010-11-04T20:07Z",
   "author": {
       "@type": "Person",
       "name": "someuser"
   },
   "answerCount": "4",
   "acceptedAnswer": {
       "@type": "Answer",
       "upvoteCount": "1337",
       "text": "(The text of the accepted answer goes here...).",
       "dateCreated": "2010-12-01T22:01Z",
           "name": "someuser"
       }
   },
   "suggestedAnswer": {
       "@type": "Answer",
       "upvoteCount": "39",
       "text": "(The text of the accepted answer goes here...).",
       "dateCreated": "2010-12-06T21:11Z",
           "name": "lonelyuser1234"
       }
   }
}
</script>

To speed up things you can use online tools like: https://saijogeorge.com/json-ld-schema-generator/faq/
2. Add this a request for SJ team for schema or support for custom attributes to add metadata(microdata) to html elements

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Do I add it here? If I remember right Organization schema should be placed in the tags

Hi! For the Organization I recommend to add the JSON-LD format only on one page (About or Home). Here is an article about this Organization Schema Markup: Step-by-Step Guide for Companies
Here is an example from Organization - Schema.org Type

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
  "@context": "https://schema.org",
  "@type": "Organization",
  "address": {
    "@type": "PostalAddress",
    "addressLocality": "Paris, France",
    "postalCode": "F-75002",
    "streetAddress": "38 avenue de l'Opera"
  },
  "email": "secretariat(at)google.org",
  "faxNumber": "( 33 1) 42 68 53 01",
  "member": [
    {
      "@type": "Organization"
    },
    {
      "@type": "Organization"
    }
  ],
  "alumni": [
    {
      "name": "Jack Dan"
    },
    {
      "name": "John Smith"
    }
  ],
  "name": "Google.org (GOOG)",
  "telephone": "( 33 1) 42 68 53 00"
}
</script>

You can also use an online tool to generate this, like:

How to place this code in SiteJet:

1. Open your page
  2. Add a HTML element on the page
  3. Add the code inside the html element
  4. Done. You can test your page with: Structured Data Testing Tool
1 Like

Is support for this on the Roadmap at least? For one use case, I believe it would be helpful for collections to be presented in search results on Google. For example, let’s say you had a collection of products and each product has a star rating, from 1 to 5 stars. This would allow those star ratings to be presented in the Google search results alongside the product. I’m with @Siegfried_Alcover on this one, seems like it would be helpful it integrate this functionality.

2 Likes