Multilingual website do not redirect

Dear Community I have created a bilingual website for a client.

German / English

When I/my customer/acquaintance access the website, it does not switch to one of the available languages.

This means that a old version of the startpage is shown which does not exist in my CMS and which is also shown on the iPhone without a menu.

www-galerie-simonis.com

is NOT directed to:
www-galerie-simonis.com/de
www-galerie-simonis.com/en

I wrote to SiteJet support and they replied (with screenshot) that the page is working fine. ???

That means SiteJet can’t find a problem and with me and everyone I asked so far, the problem exists.

Now I ask for the help of the community.

What see you? A page with black header without language flags (wrong) or a page with grey header and language flags on the side?

Kind regards

Frank

German version

Mehrsprachige Webseite

Liebe Community ich habe fĂĽr einen Kunden eine zweisprachige Webseite erstellt.

Deutsch / English

Wenn ich/mein Kunde/ Bekannte die Webseite aufrufen, schaltet diese nicht auf eine der verfĂĽgbaren Sprachen um.

Damit wird eine Seite gezeigt, die es in meinem CMS so gar nicht mehr gibt und die auch auf dem iPhone ohne MenĂĽ dargestellt wird.

www-galerie-simonis.com

wird NICHT weitergeleitet zu:
www-galerie-simonis.com/de
www-galerie-simonis.com/en

Ich habe dem SiteJet Support geschrieben und von dort kam die Antwort (mit Screenshot) die Seite läuft einwandfrei. ???

Das heiĂźt SiteJet kann kein Problem finden und bei mir und allen die ich bisher gefragt habe, besteht das Problem.

Jetzt bitte ich um die Hilfe der Community.

Was seht ihr? Eine Seite mit schwarzer Kopfzeile ohne Sprachflaggen (falsch) oder eine Seite mit grauer Kopfzeile und seitlichen Sprachflaggen?

Lieben GruĂź

Frank

PS. I wrote “www-” because I wanted to show the URLs without the automatic preview.

I just tried it again.
The language toggle is not shown and the page doesn’t direkt to “de” version.

Hi! I’ve tested it on my side, and it worked … I’m redirected to the DE version, and the language switcher works also.

1 Like

Yesterday in the evening we found a solution. The SiteJet-Support has suggested a solution that I can live with very well. Thank you all for your help.

This solves the problem.

1 Like

Same for me. Let’s have a look at the DNS settings. I am quite sure, that the issue lies there: