Lighthouse / PageSpeed - Unused JavaScript

Hi! While there is always room for tweaks and performance improvements, this can be an extensive topic.
The scores that Google (Lighthouse or PagesSpeed) gives doesn’t really mean anything (if it’s something good or bad). Mostly they are some conventions/metrics to compile a set of recommendations.
That being said, not even Google is getting high scores (especially on mobile), see for yourself:

P.S. I’ve tried to include these links that do not redirect to a login page (basically they are public pages)
If you would access these Google websites you would see that they are pretty snappy.

From what I’ve tested your website: nocode-factory.be its snappy also, I get a load time around 2sec. which according to Semrush:

• if your site loads in 5 seconds, it is faster than approximately 25% of the web
  • if your site loads in 2.9 seconds, it is faster than approximately 50% of the web
  • if your site loads in 1.7 seconds, it is faster than approximately 75% of the web
  • if your site loads in 0.8 seconds, it is faster than approximately 94% of the web

Now, back to the Unused JS part, you don’t need to do anything Sitejet has already optimized all the resources (the JS part is already merged and minified). That hint in Google (Lighthouse or PagesSpeed) will always appear. Maybe someone from the SJ Team can add additional info on this.

P.S. Here are some (general) hints to improve your Google (Lighthouse or PagesSpeed)
score

• remove popups after page load (try to delay them a few seconds)
  • try not to have images that take the entire screen (drawing these images increases memory and time to draw)
  • try not to overlay too many transparent objects
  • try to remove huge objects with using CSS effects/filters (for instance big divs with shadows)

I hope all of this helps you.

2 Likes