Learning platform

Hello,

I have a client who wants to make training materials (pdf) available online to their employees. I have implemented this via a password protected page. On top the students can get a QR code and can download or open the file on their tablet/phones. Is there any possibility that the students have to confirm to have read the file before they can download the file? So as a confirmation for the employer? (How to read out the confirmations?)I don’t know how to implement this with Sitejet. Maybe someone has some advice or idea on how to best implement this?

Thanks in advance

Push :slight_smile: Has anyone an idea? 3rd Party tool?

Hey @Ulf_Siemen - I am not familiar with lms tools and integrations of any sort.

But in your case, I could think about a workaround. The “user” could visit a site where he/she has to actively click a button like “I confirm to have read…” or something similar and then the file pops up. Before that, the link / the file is not visible?

Would that be a suitable solution?

Hello Ulf_Siemen,

I don’t know if it’s possible with SiteJet forms or how to do it if it is, but I have an idea:

1. Create a protected page
  2. Turn your PDF content into page content.
  3. At the end add a form with Name, Email and a checkbox for confirmation.
  4. Connect the form to a Google Sheet so that your client can view it.

or I would suggest to use Google Form:

1. Create a Google Form.
  2. Add the PDF file in the description.
  3. Ask them to read the file first then fill in the form for confirmation.
  4. Add questions: Name + Confirmation Checkbox.
  5. Change the settings of the form: Limit to 1 response + Collect email addresses + Send responders a copy of their response to always
  6. Change response destination to new spreadsheet.
  7. Create a Protected page and add the Form link.

The student will have a record of the form with the PDF included. Also the client will have student confirmation saved on Gsheet

3 Likes