How to customize element HTML and save changes?

Trying to make sure I am not crazy. Looking into adding HTML directly into an existing element. I go in and change the code but it doesn’t save the changes and just reverts back. Anyone had luck with this?

Also is there a way to create custom elements from scratch beyond just HTML element?

Thanks

Hi! I’m assuming that you’ve used the HTML element to add custom html inside. Maybe is a cache issue, try to hard reload the CMS Editor and see if the issue persist.

Im trying to get just do something really simple

add a text element

click the </> button when editing the text element

edit the HTML

then save. but. it doesn’t save my changes at all. I don’t see a specific button to save it beyond the check in the text edit toolbar. why would there even be an </> button there? just to look at the HTML? I’m confused.

Hi! Within the Text element you are limited to html only, everything else is stripped away.
If you want to confirm changes click on the checkmark (it should also save automatically if you exit element edit mode).

If you want to add html+css+js use the HTML element

If it still not working it might be an issue, and I suggest to contact support.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

The only way I was able to get it to work was to double back to the hotkey reference and try

CMD + RETURN

that actually worked. the other way (in the case of say GIF in a blog) was to copy the actual element as it sat in the donor blog and then past into the normal text edit. That worked as well.

using the checkbox did not save and update the html for me.

Checkbox seems to be working now. it wasn’t the times I tried before.

Thank you

Also a pop out editor when doing html would be helpful (or maybe word wrap inside the editor rather than scrolling all the way over to the right)

1 Like

Hey @John_McConnell - great idea. Could you post a feature request with more explanation here for the tech team? :slight_smile: