Filter to exclude currently displayed collection item from collection listing

Issue: I’d like to include “Related blog posts”/“Article suggestion” content on my posts to drive further user engagement.

This is a common practice in blogging. For this, the option to exclude the currently displayed blog post/news article from the suggestions is a must: displaying the item the user is currently reading is both unnecessary and unprofessional.

Using the currently available Collection Listing filters, i am not able to add a filter that excludes the currently displayed collection item from the collection listings.

Expected behavior:
Using the filter, the Collection Listing block does not display the page it appears on as a collection item. Eg. if the page the Collection List appears on is BlogPost1, then the Collection List will never display BlogPost1 as a collection item; if the page the Collection List appears on is BlogPost2, it will never display BlogPost2 as a collection item, but can display BlogPost1.

Working example in other CMS:
This is a standard feature in almost every CSM i’ve used before. For example, Webflow implemented this feature back in 2015: New feature: Exclude current item in dynamic lists - Updates - Forum | Webflow

This feature can easily be implemented with SiteJets current API, as it already has the built-in ‘=notEqual:’ option, eg. '&filter[columns.name]=notEqual:“Blog Post Title”

Thank you for your consideration!

1 Like

Thank you, @Glltylf8x_Glltylf8x for this suggestion.

For everyone who wants to support this feature, please comment here with a +1 and let us know if you also have some ideas regarding this topic.