ECWID Shop Integration

May be a stupid question… I have one Website where the ECWID Shop is connected, which works fine :slight_smile:
When I click on the “Go to E-Commerce” in the Sitejet Custpmer portal I can enter it directly without any password. Is the password of the Customer portal the same as for the ECWID Shop? Means if I change the password for the Customer portal the password for the Shop changes too? And what happens if the Customer changes the password in ECWID.

Thanks in advance
Ulf

Interesting topic! Curious about the answer.

1 Like

Hey there,

the access to the customer portal is one account and the access to your shop on Ecwid is another account.

When you change the account mail or password with Ecwid directly, then this does not affect your access in the customer portal.

Would you like to test it out? :slight_smile:

Of course I would :slight_smile: Just want to be prepared, if the customer changes the ECWID password and I get a call, why he cannot enter ECWID via his Customer portal anymore. When you create the shop via Sitejet ECWID doesn`t ask or show a password. So that is the reason why I ask if it takes the password from the Customer portal. The url is quite long, so it might be the password is already in the link…

1 Like

That would be a security issue if the password is in the link.

Changing the password should not be an issue since it’s SSO and part of our integration. :slight_smile:

Perfect, I will give it a trial :slight_smile:
Schönen Feierabend and thanks

1 Like