Templates don't seem to be loading

When I generate a new site from a pre-selected template, go through the website creation process via Wishes, the generated website template styles aren’t there.

I’ve created multiple sites and read the other day that the servers were down, so I wanted to wait another day to see if this situation remedied itself (I’m in Texas, USA). It hasn’t unless I’m totally missing something.

Which is possible.

The first site I created using a template worked beautifully and exactly as expected.

I’ve created 4 test sites since then and none of them loaded the selected templates.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey @Brandon - thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

I might need to have a closer look into your account. Could you please send me the website IDs via mail to help@sitejet.io including a link to here?

Could you also please send us a screenshot or cast how the wishes section and this workflow looks for you?

Looking forward to it.

Hi Andre! Man, thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I really appreciate that.

So, I have good news and bad news…

Good news: It seems user error caused my “issue”, as I ran through my creation process again and noticed I was hitting “Generate Website” thinking that was putting the content from Wishes into the template I selected. I now know that “Generate Website” overwrites the actual template (I thought the pop-up just meant the content) and thus my confusion. So, the good news is the codebase works as intended.

The Bad news: I’m a dum-dum newb that didn’t mean to waste your time but who is also very appreciative of your product and support lol : )

I would’ve replied sooner, but have been under the weather the last few days. Once again, love how fast you got back to me.

Lovin’ SiteJet so far!!

1 Like

Hey @Brandon - oh myyyyyyy :slight_smile: Thank you for getting back to me! Great that it works now but sorry, that it has overwritten the old template. I will take that feedback and will update our articles on that topic :wink:

You did not waste my time here, no worries! :innocent: I just hope you are feeling better now. If you need more support soon, you know how to reach us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: