Search bar in Sitejet

Again and again we are asked by clients if it is possible to integrate a search bar into the website.

I think that this is not possible with Sitejet at the moment?

I would be very happy if Sitejet would offer a possibility to integrate a search option in the future!

11 Likes

Hey @Patrick_Luescher,

thanks for sharing your input :pray:

You can add a search bar via Elfsight as described here:
EN: On-site search feature - Sitejet Help
DE: Suchfunktion - Sitejet Hilfe

Looking forward to the feedback of the community about a native integration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Franzi,

A native solution is always the best. Everything in one platform is always the best :sparkles::wink:

7 Likes

Hi @Franzi

Thanks for the tip.
I think the possibility with Elfsight is not bad but also not optimal.

As @isabelle_calmont has already written, a native solution would of course be much better! :wink:

I hope that many people from the community will support my request. :pray:

5 Likes

+1 for native search.

Google search is usually behind when it comes to sites that are updated regularly, it’s been harder to test search in new builds that are not indexed also.

Native search would be lovely and fast and being able to design the output search results would be awesome!

2 Likes

I agree with a native solution as well but would even be happy for a native elastic search integration as well where we still use our own API keys. Elfsight isn’t ideal IMO.

2 Likes

+1 for native integration

2 Likes

+1 native integration :wink:

2 Likes

+1 for native integration… please

2 Likes

This seems like a basic thing to add. Would love to have it.

1 Like

+1 for native.

However, I’ve been using SearchIQ and they were amazingly easy to integrate. Elfsight was extremely complex and cumbersome, but I had SearchIQ up and running with just one injection, one HTML element on a otherwise blank search results page, and one HTML element in my site’s header.

The only problem with non-native solutions–whether easy like SearchIQ or hard like Elfsight–is that they can’t be tested and fine-tuned in the Sitejet preview sites… you have to go live in order for the Javascript injections to work (because of cross-site protections), and without Sitejet separating between a “save” and a “publish”, that’s pretty dangerous.

3 Likes

Hey Chase,

Thank you so much for your great feedback! Would you like to give me the website ID / domain, so I could have a look for myself? You could also send a DM for this if you do not like to share this publicly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Chase!

I am also very interested in your solution for the search function. Can you maybe share for all to see your domain on which you used SearchIQ?

Best regards
Patrick

+1 would be great

2 Likes