Image Compression

Hi, looks like your CDN image compression is way to high, uploaded images are (specially logos) losing quality, can you please fix this?

@mughal could you please provide an example and what file type has your logo? Did you try to use svg type?

I created a website for my client https://aircontrolinc.ca the used logos in PNG images looks low in quality please advise.

Did you try to use SVG instead of PNG ?

I used SVGs where available if SVG file is not available then i must use PNGs.

Maybe you could try to transform the PNG to an SVG => https://www.pngtosvg.com/

It doesn’t work in this way @Martin

My last idea which could work is, to copy the image link from the image in the media manager and use an iFrame and link it to the image, otherwise you need a better image or ask someone to create the logo as an SVG for you

@Martin you need to increase the quality of PNG files, specially uploaded logos looks shit in compressed resolution … and DO NOT advise to use SVG because using SVG files means uploading source of actual file … decrease compression or provide any good solution please.

Dear Mughal,

Thank you for your post. Why would we suggest to use vector files when it is about an image for which the best format is probably something like PNG , WebP etc.

However, the compression works fine, because we had a lot of user cases in the past years when we had to intensively check on the compression. In most cases, the original source material is the root of improvement here.

As an example: A user was mentioning that his pictures that were used did not look sharp enough. Basically, PNGs were uploaded. For some cases, that might not be the best solution. However, when we changed these to WEBP format, the issue had been solved.

The same happened with logos. The source material did not have a high quality and therefore was not displayed alright. We were able to solve this by using another compression format before uploading.

Therefore, I would actually look at the image compression from case to case.

@mughal - would you like to send us the original file, the website ID and this thread as a mail? I am happy to assist you here and check on this matter.

On another note, I have added your voice to our request about “disabling” the compression manually for certain files.

Hi @Andre, i sent you original file in private message, i also tried to upload and use “webp” it’s uploading in the file manager but not displaying on website, please check and advise … thanks

Hey @mughal - could you please send this via mail to the support? Please link this thread and the website ID. Happy to check asap!

1 Like

Hi @Andre mail sent!