How to I add a JS file (service worker) to the root folder of website in Sitejet?

Hello,

If I want to use another SaaS service with Sitejet that is required to place a service worker or JS file to the root or public folder, how should I do that in Sitejet platform?

PS – I did try using the File Manager Upload and Media Upload, but the system would not allow me to upload the JS file type.

1 Like

Hi @Natapol_Supmanu ! Welcome to SiteJet Community!
I don’t have the issue you are describing, I can upload JS files in the Media Manager.

Do you get any specific error?
Can you try to hard refresh the Editor CMS page.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I tried again with different JS files. They all were uploaded perfectly. However, when I just created a simple text and saved as a JS extension file name same as the problem one, it did not load. Is there a limit of the length of the name? That one was peculiarly long.

Is this error still current, @Natapol_Supmanu ? If so, could you please send us a mail to help@sitejet.io with the link to here of course? I will forward this to the developers to check on that.

Hi,

I’m a bit surprised by the answers that seem to have missed one very crucial part. Service Workers have to be in the root folder.

A redirect wont help.

Is it any kind of work around to actually add a javascript file to the root so it’s possible to use service workers?

I really hope so because I like Sitejet, but I do need to be able to register a service worker.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi! I’ve createad a feature request for Service Workers here: Add support for service workers

Please add your input there.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Lucian. This feature is much needed as long as it would not compromise the security at SiteJet.

1 Like

Thank you Andre. Sorry for the late reply as I got tied up in RL. Anyway, the issue still exists. I will try to create a video screenshot and send the email.

1 Like

Thank you. Please also send the link to this thread with the mail :wink: