Google Map embed not centring

Good morning/afternoon!

I’m having an issue with one of my pages, where the Maps embed isn’t centring the marker. It’s dropping down to the very bottom of the map, ‘just’ out of sight so the map is very confusing. I’m not using an API, it’s very basic as it stands. Am I inputting the information incorrectly?

Many thanks

Hey @Marc_Dudley Thanks for the topic. Difficult to assess without looking at the page. Would you like to share the website ID with us? Happy to take a look.

Apologies Andre.

The site ID is 369361, and the page is ‘openhome’. I’ve hidden the map for the time-being and recreated the section using an image instead while the issue is resolved.

Many thanks!

Hey @Marc_Dudley , Thank you.

So, what I did was delete the map and add it again. Afterward, regardless of the zoom, the map is centered.

I did not save it. Would you like to try it out yourself?

Thanks Andre,

I tried that earlier, and I did it a slightly different way this time, but the results are the same, unfortunately. The map goes ok on SiteJet, but on render online, the position moves just below the visible line. I’ve attached and image. The one on the right is the render online.

Ignore the bottom half of these (where you can see a second map), that’s just the copy of the section with a .jpg image temporarily serving as the map.

Thanks for all your time on this - sorry if I’m being dumb!
Marc

Hey @Marc_Dudley okay. Don’t worry! :slight_smile:

Which browser would that be and do you have the same in another browser?

Could you also let me know the exact steps after you have added the map again? What do you do next? Add the address and then… ?

If you like, a screencast might help as well. Then, I try to reproduce this and see what is happening there.